Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Petawawa








I had a short ride along the Ottawa River to get to Petawawa to meet up with my nephew Jeffery along with his wife, Natasha and their 2 sons, Darcy & Aidan. I had not seen Jeff for quite some time and it was my first time meeting Natasha and their sons. Natasha put together a great supper and then Jeff took the boys and me out to his the Armed Forces base in Petawawa, where he's been over the past few years for a tour of the facilities (which incidently is home to over 7000 personnel). We finished off the evening with a fire in their backyard looking at photos and getting to know one another. It was nice to finally put some faces to names.

If Jeff is my nephew, that must make Darcy & Aidan my grand-nephews, or my second nephews, or maybe it's my nephews once-removed. I don't know what the label is but I can tell you that I'm very happy to have them related to me in whatever way it's called. These two boys had me with their personalities, their warmth, their sense of humour, their wit, ... and on and on. Jeff and Natasha obviously have a good recipe going.

No comments:

Post a Comment